Sunday, February 26, 2017

Zip-lining, Scriptures, Tests, and Living Legends

Kia Ora!!!!

I love saying that! :D  I just always think about going back to New Zealand!  I am trying to plan all the days and when we're going where and such.  If any of you kiwis reading this have any great ideas or recommendations, let me know!  We will just be in the North Island.

But it was a good week although it was really intense!  Monday was the day of all the days.  I can't believe that was this week.  It feels so long ago already.  But it was Presidents Day and it was SUCH an appreciated break.  But we did what all self-respecting college kid would do on a holiday and didn't do any homework.  Instead we went zip-lining!  I just feel cool saying that. Haha But it was so fun.  My Uncle Jonathan built it and it is wonderful. We went on a group date.  We had four couples: Desi and her friend Emma and their dates from their ward, Hannah and Carson (her friend from home) and me and this guy in my ward, Danny.  He is Peruvian and really great.  But we had HEAPS of fun.  It was way scary but so worth it.  It was all one continuous course with 11 zip-lines and 7 bridges (which are really scary. . .it feels like you're tightrope walking).  But on the longest zip-line (which is apparently the longest zip-line over water in the world) the wind was blowing really hard and it turned me around and I grazed my arm on the zip-line in front of me which they said was 60 miles an hour.  So I got this huge, ugly burn on my arm.  It hurt in the moment but now it is my battle wound.  Everyone asks me what happened and I feel cool telling them I was zip-lining.

Anyway, after Monday, this week was a lot of business and school and work and studying and singing.  It's so nice to be done with my piano class though.  I've been really focusing on my songs for my voice lessons.  At the end of the semester we have to do juries, so we will sing our songs for all the voice faculty and they will grade us. I'm nervous but it is so good for me!  I'd rather sing in front of a million regular people than the BYU voice faculty, because they really know!

I took some tests this week and have another tomorrow so I've been busy with that.  Also this week on Tuesday, Thelma and Braeden came and picked us up and we went to the Payson temple together. It was SO great.  I love that temple.  It is so beautiful.  I've narrowed it down.  I'm either getting married in New Zealand or Payson. :P  It was so fun to be in the temple with Braeden (my cousin).  He's such a good kid!  I'm excited that we'll be in the same ward next year.  I just love feeling the spirit and the power of the temple each week. It never seems to go away.

Another huge spiritual blessing this week was my scripture study.  I don't know if I said this last week, but our Stake President talked about reading our scriptures for 30 minutes a day, before the day's work.  So I (the extreme night owl) have been doing that.  I've been going to bed a little earlier and getting up in time to read my scriptures for half an hour every morning.  And oh my goodness, I love it!  It is making a huge difference for me already.  I failed on it this weekend, but I'm going to keep working on it.

I worked Wednesday and Friday nights and also on Saturday.  I'm starting to really like my job . . .well you know, as much as a minimum wage job can be liked. (I wouldn't go if I didn't get paid, if that makes sense.)  But I'm getting to really know what I'm doing . . . most the time.  And after sitting and studying for hours, it so good to get out and talk to people.  The extrovert in me appreciates that!

Then last night was super fun!  Desi and I went to Living Legends and it was SOOO good!  I missed my mission so much, my heart hurt.  It was so, so fun to see and hear all the island dances especially. I cried during the Maori one and again at the end.  I just love Polynesia.  Then we came to back to my apartment and watched "She's the Man" with Hannah and her "mutual" date.  So that was fun!

Then today I got up early and went with Matthew Virgin and Emily Jones to Katie Gneiting's mission homecoming (high school friends).  We had the greatest time and then went to their house afterward.  The Hatches were all there and it was great to be with them all.  Even though we are so old now (all return missionaries, some engaged) those Spring Creek kids still crack me up!

But the sun is shining and we are going to the Davises soon, so life is wonderful.

Love you all!

Clarissa :D

No comments:

Post a Comment