Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Happenings

Kia Ora!!!

So I know I am the worst and having even written for two weeks.  Well here is the first half of the post I was trying to write two weeks ago:

This week was pretty hardcore.  Hannah and I were both very grateful when the weekend came around.  It's interesting.  I love almost all the things I do with my life, but I just don't quite have time to do them all and so I'm always rushing around and trying to get things done.  My one weakness is socializing.  It's just like on my mission when I would be SO good at not wasting time until we went to a meeting or something with other missionaries.  Then I'd really have to force myself to keep going and do productive things.  That's how I am now.  But it was a really good week.  But this weekend has been SO warm and that pretty much makes my whole life.  As you know, the weather sure affects my mood.

Anyway, Monday was the blessed FHE.  We are getting a new FHE group next week that we're all really excited about but this week was the last week with our old group.  No one in our room said they had time to go except Janelle (because she's the FHE leader/mom/person).  So of course I had to go with her.  We went bowling at the Wilk (it was my idea, but I don't know why because I'm TERRIBLE at bowling).  But it was crazy!  It was Janelle, five boys, and me, and everyone was bad at bowling!  I came in second.  I couldn't believe it!  But that was an adventure

Tuesday was the exciting singing-at-devotional day!  I wore my black dress to school and then had to miss Family History to get to call time and warm up and all that jazz.  It was so fun!  The camera was totally a disappointment.  We just stood on the floor in the Marriott and the camera pretty much only showed the front row of men.  But I guess it's the sound that counts!

Wednesday Hannah and I went to the temple with her friend from home, Carson.  We had a really good time and then went to Costa Vida which is always the best.  We were back in time for me to work at the Creamery, which I'm getting better and better at, so that's exciting!

Ok, that's the end of what I wrote two weeks ago:

Now for this week, it was actually really, really good!  I studied and studied for my Music 202 test so that was a lot of my week.  Then I only got an 84% on it which was the worst.  This BYU life is really hardcore.  Monday, FHE was so fun!  I am starting to really, really love my ward and I know so many people now.  Still though, so many girls will come talk to me and say my name and I won't know/remember theirs.  But I'm new so I guess it's a little more ok.

Tuesday was Valentine's Day and you know BYU.  It was very lovey affair and I wondered why I didn't have a valentine.  But then I went to choir and we sang one of our songs for General Conference, "I Feel My Savior's Love", and I realized how selfish I was.  My blessed Relief Society President, Lexi, wrote personalized valentine notes to everyone in our Relief Society and another FHE group heart attacked all the doors on our floor.  Then the men of Concert Choir made this adorable video about how much they love the women of Concert Choir.  I just love choir.  We are singing pretty hard songs, but I just love working really hard and improving and singing together.  It's my release every day!

Wednesday was exciting because we decided that . . . . . . . . .we are going to New Zealand in June!!!! It was my idea of course.  I will be very poor because it but I am so, so, so excited.  We are coming for two weeks (well Desi and I).  Then Mom and my other sisters will join us after a week.  So that's kind of all I even think of.

Thursday was Hannah's birthday!  Happy 21!  It was a marathon Thursday.  Back in Welcome Bay we had marathon Sundays.  Now I have marathon Thursdays.  I have so many classes and an evening class.  But . . .  I have gone way ahead and this week I FINISHED my piano fundamentals class.  I got an A and now I don't even need to go to class anymore.  Hooray for being able to play the piano!  But anyway, that night was the surprise party.  I was all excited like a month ago when I got the idea to throw Hannah a surprise party but then I was all worried that it would all work out, that people would come, that it would be fun.  Well, it totally worked out!  I took Hannah to dinner but before I did, I accidentally left my phone in the bathroom on the first floor of our building and then the office people found it and put it in the office.  Well then no one was at the office and we were trying to get it.  But then I knew that Desi would be coming to decorate any time so we really needed to just go.  So I was sneakily texting Desi off Hannah's phone.  But we got their and all the lights were off and we came in.  Desi and Lexi had done such a good job!  It was all cutely decorated and there was good food.  I ordered an ice-cream cake from the blessed Creamery and it was so good.  And quite a few people came and we played games and really had fun.  I was so pleased with it!

Then Friday I worked closing at the creamery and again from 4-8 on Saturday.  Oh my goodness!  Weekends are BUSY at that place.  I really like my job though.  It's fun to talk to everyone, but sometimes it gets really crazy and long.  Anyway, then Saturday morning Dad picked me up and we were off to the temple.

Desi went through to receive her endowments and it was just such a wonderful time!  We had so many people from both sides of the family!  I am so blessed to have the most amazing family!  We ate at Pizza Pie Cafe and then went and saw the Davises . . .and Braeden!  He's my cousin and he had surgery so he's home from his mission for two weeks before he goes back!  I just love him.  Having a fellow missionary serving in your family means so much.

Then after work last night I got to see  . . . . . .Sister Green and Sister Page from my mission.  Sister Green is going to Utah State and Sister Page is visiting from Australia.  They were about to head back to Bountiful to Sister Green's house, but they came to my dorm and it was SOOO fun to get to talk with them for a few minutes.  Then the girls across the hall were having another birthday party for their roommate.  It was so fun!

Then today was crazy!  I went to sleep at two and then set the alarm for 10:30.  I thought for sure that I'd wake up before that on my own but I just wanted to make sure.  Anyway, I wake up and the alarm hadn't gone off and then I look at the clock and it's 12:08.  And my church is at 12:40!  So I wait for the bathroom to be free and take a shower and eat my granola bar and my banana as I walk.  Well I walk in and bishop is saying, "Kenton isn't here.  Can anybody play the piano for us?"  I look around and no one.  So I kind of raise my hand and go up there and play.  I was all flustered from being late and nervous, but I did pretty well.  Bishop came and hugged me afterwards and heaps of people told me how great I had been to volunteer and play.  But it was our ward conference and it was so good!!! I felt spiritual smashed by our Stake President in Relief Society.  He talked about scripture study and I realized just how different my study is now to how it was on my mission.  I am committing to reading for 30 minutes every day in the MORNING!  I always have good scripture studies but they are always pretty short and like always after midnight.  So I am going to improve and repent!

But I had the BEST time at the Davises.  I just feel like I am home there. :D  We had a feast and played our codename game. Then we had a lovely ward prayer and I hung out with a group from my ward.  I really have a fun ward and I'm really getting to know everyone.

But tomorrow I am going zip lining!  Desi and her friend where going on a date and asking guys.  I said I wanted to come so I asking this guy named Danny in my ward and Hannah is going with Carson.  I'm real excited!  Hooray for three-day weekends.

But I love you all!  Kia Kaha!

Arohanui,

Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment