Sunday, January 29, 2017

Livin' the Dream

Kia Ora!

I had such a good week!  It was also a crazy busy week.  Sunday we had a potluck with our apartment and this apartment of boys in our ward who are mostly friends with Gabby and Jordyn, but still good. Also, Desi, Natalie, and Carson came.  I love those kids!  We had fun and played a really funny game.  Then we had ward prayer, which was much more eventful than usual.  Our ward is initiating something called "Bishop's Date Box".  Our bishopric is super into people going on dates.  So you could write your roommate's name and someone you thought would be a good date for them.  Then the next day they gave all the guys lists of the girls they had to go on a date with in the next two weeks.  My roommates put two in for me.  I don't know anyone super, super well but they seem like nice guys.  No one in our apartment has actually been asked yet except Jordyn.  So we'll see what will happen this coming week.  So that's a funny thing.

The whole week was a blur of classes, choir, reading, studying, singing, eating, and sleeping.  I'm so crazy busy every day, but I'm happy.  I think something just clicked this week.  Like I'm over the initial shock of non-mission, BYU, college life and more into the groove of things.  But Monday night we had FHE in the JFSB.  Apparently they do family home evening lesson/activities there.  It was kind of an interesting group . . . like the social dynamics, but it was alright.  I really like my roommates.  They are all very different from me, but I love them all!

Tuesday was normal but Wednesday was super wonderful!  I got to see my mom, Olivia, Grandma, and the Davises.  Mom and Olivia spoke at Thelma's Young Women's New Beginnings and they did such a great job.  They both made me cry.  We ate together and then just talked for ages afterwards which was so fun.  I just love hanging out with Desi.  I'm going to miss her so much when she leaves on her mission.

Thursday is my crazy classes day.  I'm in class for six hours of the day!  But I survived it and when I got out of my voice language lab at seven, Desi picked me up and we went to see Maisie open her mission call.  She is going to my parent's mission, South Carolina, Columbia!!!  I'm so happy for her. She is going to be so influenced for the rest of her life by this decision.

Friday Hannah and I had another temple adventure.  We've decided that Satan doesn't want us to go to the temple because we have all kinds of problems every time!  This week, we got there and the session was full so we had to do dealings, which was actually really wonderful!  But we also had to scrape ourselves out of crazy snow that was frozen to our windshield.  Then, Hannah's windshield started cracking!  So that was sad, but we had a good time.  Then we went with all my roommates and Desi and her friend Miranda to the dollar theater, that actually costs $2.51!  (inflation, I tell you!) But we watched the best movie.  It was called Collateral Beauty and it was so sad!  Of course I was just bawling way, way more than anyone.  But that's my life, you know!

Yesterday was the best day!  It was the blessed Concert Choir retreat and it was so much fun.  In the morning we had Alto Sections which was good.  I love being an alto in choir.  Then in the afternoon we all went to the Barn at Maplewood that these random nice people let us use.  It was SO fun.  Our carpool car was definitely the funnest.  There's this adorable couple from China and Wen Jing (the wife) is in the choir and Wen How (the husband) is kind of like the graduate student assistant that helps the choir.  They were in our car along with Jenny who I knew my freshman year and does music ed and the one male alto (he was driving).  So we listened to 90s music and had a blast.  Then we got there and ate Cafe Rio, played get-to-know-you games, and sang!!!  There is just something wonderful about BYU Choir kids.  I just really, really fit in with them and we have so much fun.

Today has been wonderful.  I got a calling.  It's a real small one but I guess I'm just grateful to serve.  I'm a visiting teacher supervisor.  After church Hannah, Desi, and I went to the Davises for dinner.  I LOVE going there.  We had homemade bread and hodgepodge and just had so much fun.  Also, Adam made a video to show at their ward mini-mission fireside.  It had all these videos sent in from missionaries in their ward, including my cousin Braeden.  It was just so true to life of what a mission is like and it just made me cry!  I love missions!!!!

Also, Chelsea got her mission call to Birmingham, England.  I'm so excited for her!!!  The church is sure true folks!

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment