Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Time is Far Spent


Kia Ora,

Hello!  Hello!  Hello!  I am in such a good mood because I just read the email of my dear Christine Xiao from Hamilton East. She is Chinese but she was born in Indonesia.  We are kindred spirits in every sense of the word.  We took her out on tons of lessons and she is beautiful.  She wasn't sure if she would serve a mission.  But we've been emailing back and forth and she just sent me and Sister Urgel an email with a picture of her mission call!!!!!!  She's going to Indonesia!  It made me cry.  I just love the gospel.  She will be a wonderful missionary.

But the title of my email is doubly significant because it relates to the amount of time I have left to email and the song we sang at Zone Meeting this week.  I don't have time to write the words, but it is a great song!  I challenge each of you to sing it this week.  Will you do it?  I know you will be blessed if you do!  Singing hymns brings the spirit.  I love the hymnbook.  Haha but this week we had our Zone Meeting straight into watching the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast from Salt Lake.  They were both so good.  I just felt on fire afterwards.  I just want to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength every day for the rest of my life.  I love the unity of missionaries here in Taranaki.  We are all so spread out, but maybe that helps unite us.  I just feel like we are this little family or army trying to help people here in Taranaki.  It's the promised land even though it's hard work here! 

But I am on the biggest self improvement kick of my life!  I just want to get better at everything and I just want to help as many people as I can!  But this week has had opposition in all things.  Emma is doing well in some respects.  She's been reading the scriptures heaps and praying and she came to church. I can feel the powers of good and evil so strongly working with her.  She has all these new doubts and concerns about all of these doctrinal points.  It's been really fun and sometimes really exhausting to try to answer all her questions.  I love answering hard questions, but I know that the real answer isn't about all those little concerns.  It's about the restored gospel in general.  If she understands that the Book of Mormon really is the word of God than she will know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, that Jesus was the Savior and Redeemer of the World, and that the church is true.  It will come as she keeps reading and praying.  It's interesting how testimonies come.  They aren't lightning bolt experiences, but they are just as real.  The quiet power of the Holy Ghost is so real. 

But we took Sister Malili with us to see Linda and Ashley.  I was so nervous to go back because I wanted them to have decided to keep learning and coming to church.  I fasted again for them and went there fasting.  Before we went, Brother Malili gave us the best little talk/inspirational thought/pep talk.  They are the coolest couple. Unfortunately, Linda and Ashley decided that they don't want to come to church anymore or meet with us.  I was so crushed.  But Sister Malili gave a talk on Sunday about how she and Brother Malili had been praying for them and how someday they will accept the gospel.  It made me cry.  Sometimes God gives us miracles in different ways or different timing than we are expecting. 

But we made this hardcore transfer plan and we've been meeting with the Elders to make a branch mission plan!  So that is great.  I know that miracles will keep coming as we do our part.  We found seven new investigators this week, even though I don't know how solid some of them are. 

In other news, I got a haircut (just a trim, but it curls better now and looks nicer on the ends), we are getting a Senior Couple in our branch in the next two weeks (!!!!), and we are going to start having sports nights on Fridays for all the branch investigators/less actives/members who want to come.  So that's exciting. 

But I love you all!  It's SO hot here so appreciate the cold in America. :D  I'll appreciate the heat here for you.  Haha

Arohanui,

Sister Clarissa Johnson 


No comments:

Post a Comment