Sunday, August 30, 2015

Thrust In Your Sickle


Hello family,

 

I love you all so, so much!  Spring has sprung in this part of the world.  I was actually hot a couple of times this week.  The weather changes so fast.  It will be pouring rain and freezing one day and sunny and nice the next.  Trees are blooming and it's the best!  

 

This week was a big turning point for me.  I realized that I didn't come on my mission to struggle with my own challenges but to preach His gospel.  I spent the entire week thinking and praying for my investigators . . . and working hard!  I feel like for the first time I really put my entire heart, might, mind, and strength into my mission!  And it's been amazing to see the results.  I am so much happier because I'm focused on my purpose.  We had so many appointments this week that we hardly had time to talk to extra people, but we still did it. :)  We have an investigator Jayde who is especially wonderful.  She just turned 20 and we've decided that we have to be friends forever.  But she has so, so, so much faith.  She is preparing for baptism and is already sharing the gospel with friends that she has.  She is so good.  The only struggle is the law of chastity.  She is dating a less active member named Caleb and his family is super supportive.  We've taught them some lessons at the Visitor Center with his family there.  Caleb's brother Adam just got off his mission in Salt Lake City.  But they are just trying to figure out a place where Caleb could move to that's still close to the Uni so they can live the Law of Chastity.  I've been praying for them so much!

 

Also, Auntie Kei is my hero.  She's such a saint and she's a thousand percent ready to get baptized but she made a deal with Leanna and won't get baptized until Leanna is endowed.  Hopefully that will be soon because Leanna is working so hard.  We'll keep loving and working with them both.  We set up meetings with the Bishop for Leanna and Jayde and Caleb this week.  That will be good.

 

I'm just so grateful for the Hamilton East Ward.  They are all amazing!  

 

This Saturday, Sister Namariel had the first birthday party of her life.  We had lunch at Auntie Kei's with Leanna, Aaliyah, Arwin, Sam (a recent convert who's awesome), her sons Nathan and Kerr, Ripeka, and the Elders.  The Elders had to sit at the picnic table outside.  They're good sports that way.  But it was so much fun!  Sister Namariel's birthday is today, the same as Carolina's.  I made her a sign in true Johnson fashion and gave her a pocket hymnbook as a present.  She's never had a birthday present before and she said she would always remember me when she uses it.  She has such a sweet spirit.  

 

I just know that I'm here for a reason.  God is so mindful of me.  He trusts me so I need to trust him.  

 

LOVE,

 

Sister Johnson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment