Sunday, August 23, 2015

Love: The Essence of the Gospel

President Monson gives this talk called "Love: the Essence of the Gospel".  I think that that is totally true. We know that charity is the highest virtue and that's because the first commandment we've been given is to love God, and the second is to love our neighbor.  If we love enough, everything else will take care of itself.

In Jacob 3:2 it says, "O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."  I love that!  We can feast upon his love.  Sometimes I feel pretty alone.  I need to go knock on doors or visit people or whatever and I feel alone in the world, but I'm not.  We are never, ever, ever alone.  God loves us perfectly.  When Lazarus died, Jesus didn't tell Mary to buck up because he could heal Lazarus.  It says that even though Jesus knew it was all going to be ok in the end, "Jesus wept."  When our lives are hard, Jesus weeps with us.  He makes everything right.

We’ve had a sad thing with one of our investigators.  She is Samoan and the sweetest girl in the world.  She KNOWS that the church is true but her whole family is 7th Day Adventists and refuse to let her get baptized.  So she told us she doesn't want to meet anymore.  That kills me.

But then there's the good!  Jayde is on fire!  She just turned 20, she's half Filipino and she's so great!  She's dating a less active member and we've been teaching them together!  She is preparing for baptism (!!!) and she felt the Spirit so strongly at the Visitor Center this week.  We showed her Joseph Smith and the Restoration and she cried.  (But I cried more.  I always win in the crying department.  I have to ask the Visitor Center sisters and make sure there are kleenex available before the movie starts.)  But I'm just so excited.  She said that ever since she's been meeting with us she feels happier and more at peace!  The gospel is just true.  That's all there is to it.

Also, I LOVE the Hamilton East Ward.  I love our area with the University.  I love the members.  Our dinner appointments are always so fun and wonderful.  The ward council is powerful and so good at helping us with the work.  It's exciting.  

And it's starting to get warmer/lighter at night.  The trees all have flowers starting to bloom.  It's truly popcorn popping!  

I love you all so much!  Keep being wonderful. Kia Kaha!

LOVE,

Sister Clarissa Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment